RESPONSIBILITIES FOR USE OF FACILITIES: Requests for facilities usage should be submitted at least thirty (30) days prior to the event but not more than one hundred eighty (180) days prior to the event. School activities will be given first priority for use of school facilities. Dates of availability may be changed to accommodate school activities. (District personnel will not be held responsible for changes in the schedule which may affect availability.) The group or organization agree to comply with the District's Board Policy #1500. In using the facilities of Dansville Central Schools you agree to (upon request):
2. Submit proof of current insurance coverage (SEE BELOW FOR SPECIFICATIONS). Requestor, Group, Organization, will hold Dansville Central School District harmless for any claims by any person, partnership, corporation, or organization for injuries or damage to persons or property.
3. Pay for any damage to school equipment or real property.
4. Do not permit the selling, giving or use of tobacco products, alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs on or around school property. THERE IS NO SMOKING ON SCHOOL PROPERTY! VIOLATORS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PREMISES. Sponsors will be held responsible for enforcement of this regulation.
5. Provide control of participants and audience to maintain order and restrict movement into areas not requested for use.
6. Observe the time limits applied for on the request form. DO NOT ENTER REQUESTED AREA BEFORE YOUR ASSIGNED TIME / DO NOT STAY BEYOND YOUR APPROVED TIME.
7. Pay a pre-set fee of $22.00/hr. for additional staffing costs, which may be incurred by the district for the event.
8. Provide a list of names and numbers of chaperones upon request.
9. Provide a list of AED certified personnel for building usage and/or AED certified lifeguards to be on duty when pool usage is requested. Lifeguards must be registered with the pool safety program.
10. Limit parking to front parking lot when using the Main Street campus. Violators will be ticketed.
PERMITTED USES: District facilities may be used for the purposes listed below, subject to the conditions and restrictions set forth in this policy.
A. Instruction in any branch of education, learning or the arts.
B. Public library purposes, subject to provisions of the Education Law, or as stations of public libraries.
C. Social, civic, religious and recreational meetings and entertainments, or other uses pertaining to the welfare of the community so long as such uses are non-exclusive and open to the general public.
D. Meetings, entertainment and occasions where admission fees are charged, when the proceeds are to be spent for an educational or charitable purpose.
E. Polling places for holding primaries and elections, for the registration of voters.
F. Civic forums and community centers.
G. Recreation, physical training and athletics, including competitive athletic contests of children attending a private, nonprofit school.
H. Child-care programs when school is not in session, or when school is in session for the children of students attending schools of the district and, if there is additional space available, for children of employees of the district.
I. Graduation exercises held by not-for-profit elementary secondary, and post-secondary schools.
PROHIBITED USES: Any use not permitted by this policy is prohibited. In addition, the following uses are specifically prohibited.
A. Meetings sponsored by political organizations.
B. Meetings, entertainments and occasions that are under the exclusive control of and the proceeds are to be applied for the benefit of a society, association or organization of a religious sect or denomination or of a fraternal, secret or exclusive society or organization, other than veterans' organizations or volunteer firefighters or volunteer ambulance workers.
LIABILITY INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS: Required coverage shall insure the organization in the amounts not less than $1,000,000 to save the district harmless from all liability, property damage, personal injuries and/or medical expenses. The district will exercise complete and unreviewable discretion regarding what constitutes adequate insurance coverage for each proposed use. The certificate of insurance shall name the school district as an additional insured and shall be displayed to the Superintendent before the organization enters the school facility under terms of agreement. The insurance coverage shall be with a company acceptable to the Superintendent and in form satisfactory to the Superintendent.
EMERGENCY CLOSINGS: In the event of an emergency school closing due to inclement weather or emergency of any nature, all activities scheduled for that day or evening are cancelled. It will be the sole responsibility of any group or organization that has reserved any school facility to publicly announce the cancellation of their event. When the decision is made to close the school, announcements will be made as early as possible on: 93.9WDNY, WCJW, Channel 2 (WGRZ), Channel 8 (WROC), Channel 10 (WHEC), and Channel 13 (WHAM). You will also receive an email notification from the District.